Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management
The successful completion of the NVQ 7 programme in Construction Senior Management enables candidates to take the Manager CSCS Health and Safety test and if successful, qualify for a Black CSCS Card. Candidates would also be eligible to apply for Corporate membership of the CIOB and ABE. This is the highest level of NVQ and equates to degree level. Candidates need to be self motivated and be able to demonstrate a significant commitment in order to complete this qualification.
This NVQ is designed for managers working in a range of senior roles within the Building and Civil Engineering industry.
The candidate is required to complete the following four mandatory units:
- Manage Teams
- Lead and participate in meetings
- Provide ethical advice, judgement and service
- Develop self and others
In addition the candidate will complete 6 units from two of the three categories below.
- Prepare and agree a brief and development programme
- Manage design development and processes
- Assess and evaluate the environmental impact ofdevelopments
- Evaluate sustainable resources and requirements
- Manage marketing and customer service
Procurement, Contract and Budgets
- Establish project procurement arrangements
- Implement strategic sourcing partnerships
- Manage procurement processes
- Prepare and submit estimates, bids and tenders
- Ensure that contracts are prepared, negotiated and concluded
- Control organisational and project income and expenditure
- Control Projects outcomes
- Evaluate and progress the resolution of disputes
- Manage project completion
Provision of Assessment
Candidates will be allocated an assessor who acts as mentor and guide throughout the programme. The programme will include an induction day which relates to the overall course and provides guidance on how the NVQ is formulated and presented. In addition candidates will attend for briefing and assessment for each of the units at Gates MacBain offices.
Competence is assessed by ongoing assessments against the NVQ standards relating to specific areas of management. One or two site visits by the assessor will also be required during the period of the programme.
It is normal for candidates to complete the programme is approximately 18 months, although it is possible to do so in a shorter period. Extensions can be negotiated, although this will incur an additional fee at £40 per hour for any additional assessment time.
Programme fees of £3200 includes NVQ registration, mentoring, briefing meetings and assessment. An additional charge for mileage may be applicable dependant on location.
Grants for this programme may be payable from the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
VAT: All fees are exclusive of VAT.
Holders of the Edexcel Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management are now exempt from the competence assessment of the Professional Review for Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Building. Holders will now only have to complete a short application form – detailing their CPD, training and commitment to the CIOB’s code of conduct.